Saturday, May 8, 2010

Randomness at its Finest.

I simply don't know where the time is going...it has been two weeks since I have blogged, but it sure doesnt feel like it...Oh wait I do know where the time has gone...between finishing up projects around the house, long days at work trying to get caught up from the insane amount of ARDs I have been sitting in to hanging out with friends this little blog has been on the backburner.

So here comes one of the most random compilations of news and thoughts I have probably posted yet...

To say we havent been extremely busy would be an understatement, but most people are this time of year. So I am not going to complain because I am enjoying everything we have been doing, but I am starting to run out of energy..literally yesterday I was trying to write a report and thought I was going to fall asleep in my office. Not good!

Last weekend we headed down to the river to celebrate Brian's birthday and Cinco de Mayo. Jj and I headed down there on Friday to help Jenn and her mom get everything organized for Saturday. We had a great time cruising on the boat and icing cupcakes that night. Well Saturday was a bright and early morning. We set everything up and hit the water for a quic hour before everyone showed up. It was a great day filled with great friends. Here are some pics from the weekend. There is never a dull moment at the river...


icing the cupcakes....


hubs holding onto Gracie..

Jenn and Danielle.



A little bit of Double Dutch...


There is NEVER a dull moment when Morty is around.


We closed out the evening with some CatchPhrase..I was the winner 4-1. Thank you very much.

It was a wonderful weekend and just what the doctor had ordered.

This past week we have been on the go. Tuesday night I meet up with Jenn and Lindsey for some shopping and dinner. We shared some great conversations and chips and salsa as well. I just LOVE Lupe Tortilla's! Yum! Wednesday night I meet Danielle at Memorial City Mall for some shopping. Well we didnt hit the jackpot and walked away with one of the items on both of our "lists". Then we headed out to grab some mexican food and well that was an adventure since it was Cinco de Mayo. We ended up waiting about 45 mins at Escalantes for dinner. It was delish though.. Thursday night we went to the Astros game and although their record is quite dismal at this point we had a good time. So now you know why yesterday I was ready to fall asleep at my desk. Luckily I didn't, but I did get about 10 hours of sleep last night..so I am feeling refreshed and ready for a day in the sun! This pale pale body desperatly needs some sunlight on it! Especially with our vacation approaching fastly.

Lastly I just want to take a minute and thank the Him for taking care of some very important people in my life. One of my bestfriends had her gallbladder removed and we are hoping this will solve a lot of her health problems. And another one of my bestfriends mom was diagnosed with cancer and underwent radiation this past week. She was able to "ring the bell" on Friday and celebrate one milestone down on her journey. I am so thankful that He has been listening to all the prayers lifting up these two ladies and keeping them and their families strong.  

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it! Your life has been busy missy.. Its almost summer tjme!!!!

    ReplyDelete