Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

that's right i mentioned changes in the previous post about 2 weeks ago and can finally share the the most recent change in the Lenz household.....

i decided to change jobs and get back to working in the schools. Many people scratched their heads and looked at me with disbelief but when you are not looking forward to going to your job everyday a change MUST be made. I am fortunate enough to work in a field where currently my profession is in demand..so it worked out perfectly. made a few phone calls my old boss had me a new job in no time.

So things are going great. I am less stressed, happier and get to wear normal clothes again everyday. I am truly happy that i made the switch back..happiness is worth something!

In other news I am still going to boot camp and trying to get back into shape..few more pounds to lose and a few more areas to tone..seeing results is the best reward. I had originally set out to run a half marathon with Meredith in April and soon realized that it was a long shot. So I have decided to set smaller goals to build up to a half marathan at some point. It is something I would love to accomplish. In March one of the elementary schools in our neighborhood is doing a 5K...I think I can handle a 5K..roughly 3.2 miles. My goal would be to do it in under 35 minutes. The training will begin because I have never ran more than 2 miles at a time outside on our trail next WEEK because the weather this week is insane! Temps in the 30's and possibility of SNOW on Friday?!? We live in Houston right?!?!?

Stay bundled up fellow Houstonians it's only going to get colder as the day continues on!

No comments:

Post a Comment