Thursday, February 24, 2011

What's Cooking...

well we are home from Vegas and finally feeling rested! I do NOT recommend landing at 10:45 PM on Sunday night and having to be at work on Monday at 7:30 AM...

last night was the first night back that I didn't have something planned...so I actually cooked us a meal. after eating out all meals for 7 days in a row it was time for a nice healthy home cooked meal!

so i hopped on to the trusty allrecipes.com and found a couple of healthy pasta dishes to try...
i called J and he told me to surprise him...i decided on Greek Pasta with Tomatoes and Beans..



Ingredients



2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes


1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed


10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped (We only used about 4 ounces)


8 ounces penne pasta


1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

** And I added grilled chicken breast for protein**



Directions


Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.


Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and beans in a large non-stick skillet. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.


Add spinach to the sauce; cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly.


Serve sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with feta.

Jonathan loved the meal and so did I...it was quick and easy and I am having the leftovers today for lunch..and I am NOT a huge fan of leftovers!

Tomorrow is Go Texan Day at school and I can't wait to see all the kiddos decked out as well as wear my boots...

So excited that Rodeo Season is here!

Happy Thursday!





No comments:

Post a Comment