Saturday, November 7, 2009

Shop Til You Drop

So after work on Friday I zipped over to the Stafford Center to meet up with my mom and Terri to get our shop on for the afternoon. I quickly found my mom checking out some jewelry. She found some precious gold bracelets and turquoise bracelets. We snatched them up and headed to the next booth. We found several great items, but nothing really to give as gifts. I found a cute glittery gold tree to add to my collection for a steal, a cute stocking to hang on the door and a dip mix for JJ. There were other cute items there, but nothing was really striking my fancy if you know what I mean. Terri bought some precious baby items for her niece's daughter. I grabbed a few business cards to keep in handy for the future, but this year was not near as successful as the previous years. We grabbed dinner and then I headed home. I came home to a husband who had cleaned out the garage, put all the storage bins in the attic, cleaned out and set up the gym and so on...he had worked his tail off! Sadly I passed out on the couch around 10..i was beat! He kept on working and slept slept slept..it felt so good!

So of course we were up bright and early at 8am this morning! So we started back on the projects this morning. We emptied more wedding presents and finished the attic up. We now have more storage then I know what to do with! So since JJ had finished all of his "honey-dos" he headed out to the softball park and I headed over to my parents. We had a more successful day that is for sure! We hit the jackpot at Home Goods..found the one last pillow I needed for the guestroom..pics to come soon. We found fabric to get started the next few projects around the house: recovering the dining room chairs and a few others. We then headed over to Town & Country to hit Pottery Barn..i STILL had giftcards! Needless to say I got some great items for the holidays and the giftcards are dunski! I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas! It still amazes me how much stuff we still have at my parents house! All of the china and crystal is there and will be there until we have the proper storage for it. On the books for tomorrow is football and a little shopping with Jenn.

I have been slacking on the things I am thankful for...so I am going to state the obvious..I am Thankful for my husband. Put simply- he rocks. We balance each other out to a "t." I am crazy, annoying, frustrating at times and he puts up with me! He knows exactly what I need at the end of the day..without me even asking. We are not perfect by any means, but at the end of the day I couldn't imagine going home to anyone else. OK OK enough of the mushy hoopla.



Sorry to only post wedding pics, but I am slightly obsessed with them...I love this candid one.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and got a lot accomplished like we did! Go Colts! Let's keep that undefeated season going...

I promise to post pics of the house soon! We are trying to finish up a few things..but it will constantly change I am aware. It will be a work in progress and I think I am okay with that..for now!

Peace.Love.Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment