Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Personal Chef..

Since we have been hitched Jonathan has taken on more responsibility in the kitchen. It has been a huge help to say the least. He has become quite the "King of the Grill." I must admit that I enjoy cooking, but will not complain when I come home and he has marinated the chicken and seasoned the veggies. I didn't have to do a thing..all I have to do is clean. I am soo thankful that Jonathan has taken a liking to cooking.



Our recipes tonight:


Grilled chicken breast marinated in Stubbs Chicken Marinade and in Raspberry Vinaigrette..both are liquid marinades.
  • Place chicken breasts in large Ziploc bag..add your seasonings of choice. We did two types tonight.
  • Refrigerate for a couple of hours if time allows.
  • Fire up your grill and throw on the chicken breast until the temperature of the chicken reaches 190 degrees Fahrenheit. I bought my man a digital thermometer at Marshalls for a whopping 3.99.

Veggies:

  • We quarter the veggies..squash and zucchini.
  • Season with garlic pepper salt
  • throw on the grill for 5 minutes.

Enjoy your grilled veggies and chicken breast! We sure did tonight.

For dessert will be enjoying fresh strawberries and whipped cream. YUM!

The hubs is also enjoying going to the grocery..I am convinced that it is because we have a fabulous new HEB right around the corner. I also love to grocery shop, but if he wants to do it then I won't object!

Today I enjoyed an all day inservice..let's say I was yawning until about 10:30. I am not used to this whole getting up before the sunrises situation! I have this week to get used to it and then next week the kiddos show up! The rest of this week I will be at my school organizing my room, reviewing files and setting up my schedule.

On that note I am officially making a salary..so about 30 days from now Jonathan and I can make a move on the house front. We are being patient and don't want to get burnt out looking at too many homes before we can make an offer...but we also are under a time crunch as well. As long as we close by Nov. 30th we will still qualify for the Tax Credit. So all we can do is look and hopefully find something we both agree on! Should be a fun process.

I am hoping to add a new something or other to the blog this week..we shall see.

M & J

No comments:

Post a Comment