It was a wonderful day in Houston today! Clear blue skies, mid-70's with a nice breeze! It was so refreshing to wake up to this weather. I didn't have to worry about my make-up melting off my face or breaking a sweat before making it to my car! Jonathan and I were quite productive around the house today: TWO trips to HEB, unpacking boxes, finishing up the laundry, and making another trip to the apartment to get more clothes..it seriously amazes me how much we have! Needless to say I found clothes that I had forgotten about and then cleaned out some more clothes that I haven't worn in a year or so. Now that the closets are in order, I feel I can move onto other rooms to get them in functioning order..gym & office! They are both still in disarray and I am just not motivated at this time to open anymore boxes! We still need to bring over his desk from the apt and then maybe I will tackle that room. Jonathan wants to paint it as well, so we are trying to decide neutral or something a little more fun! We shall see that he comes up with and go from there.
As I am watching the Yankee game..it is making me want to go to NYC so badly..how can I convince the hubster that we need to go this year?? I truly don't think it will happen, but I can always hope and dream of that gorgeous Christmas tree all lit up! Such a sight that i will someday see in person whether it be with Jonathan or girlfriends..I will be see it! If you can't tell I LOVE Christmas! Our house will be a little winter wonderland that is for sure. I love everything about Christmas..spending time with family and most importantly the celebrating the birth of Jesus.
Does it ever amaze anyone how early stores start putting out decorations for holidays now??? It never fails I feel every year the stores are putting the decor out earlier and earlier. Can't we get through Labor Day or heck even Halloween before Christmas ornaments are on the shelves? Then what blows me away even more is that it is all 50% off?!?!? What in the world is all I cay say are these stores thinking. To see it all out in July is crazy enough, but for it then to be 50% off from July through January is even more mindboggling to me. I mean don't get me wrong the 50% off suckers me more times than none, but its still pure insanity. Maybe it is just me, who knows!
I received a blog award from danielle earlier this week and almost forgot to blog about it!
To accept I must answer these questions and spread the love to 7 fabulous bloggers!
1. Where is your cell phone: on the couch
2. Your hair: in a ponytail with my favorite JCrew headband.
3. Your mother: words cannot express the love I have for her.
4. Your father: who encouraged me to find something I loved to do everyday.
5. Your favorite food: Mexican
6. Your dream from last night: no clue thanks to Nyquil
7. Your favorite drink: Corona with Lime.
8. Your dream/goal: to be surrounded by loved ones everyday.
9. What room are you in: living room
10. What is your hobby: shopping, putting our new house together, hanging with the hubs
11. What is your fear: that our children will not be able to communicate...
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: owning a private practice and to have a family
13. Where were you last night: Dinner with JJ and my daddy
14. Something you are not: patient.
15. Muffins: chocolate chip or blueberry
16. Wish List items.: trip to Italy...that's on the LIFE wish list! I am actually pretty content right now.
17. Where did you grow up: Richmond, Texas
18. Last thing you did: made dinner.
19. What are you wearing: jeans, long-sleeve henley and new balance shoes.
20. Your TV: in front of me with the Yankee game on.
21. Your pets: we have a saltwater tank with 2 clownfish, 2 damsels and a peppermint shrimp..pup to come next summer.
22. Your friends: a blessing.
23. Your life: simply amazing.
24. Your mood: happy!
25. Missing someone: my brother.
26. Vehicle: Mazda 3s
27. Something your not wearing: make-up.
28. Your favorite store: Pottery Barn, Nordstrom, Target
29. Your favorite color: tie between blue and pink.
30. When's the last time you laughed: talking to my mom.
31. When's the last time you cried: over the weekend when we watched Brothers & Sisters
32. Your best friend: couldn't ask for anyone better.
33. One place you go over and over: Target
34. One person who emails me regularly: Tina and Jenn are a close tie.
35. Favorite place to eat?: Lupe Tortilla's..cannot get enough of those beef fajitas!
So there you have it! 35 random facts about me. Thanks Danielle for the award. Also she is hosting a super cute giveaway on her blog, so if you haven't participated be sure to before tomorrow! It is for a precious apron in pink or blue! You know you need it! Take a peek:
Must go make sure I have everything I need for brunch tomorrow! So excited to cook up a yummy meal on my gas range..it will be the first legit one since we have been in the house! Is it bad that I want to sample the champagne???