Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Your must haves..

So Jonathan and I are in the process of purchasing our first home. We are super excited, but are also starting to realize that we will need to make several trips to Home Depot, Target, Wal-Mart and everywhere in between before we are "up and running." So I have decided that for this post I am asking for some tips from people who already own homes or have in the past.."what would be the first 10 household items you would go out and buy???" I have been given some advice obviously from some friends and family members, but am sure I am missing an oh so important cannot live without item...

Here is what we have been told thus far:

  • step ladder
  • trashcans
  • energy efficient bulbs
  • wrench set
  • level
  • shovels
  • water hoses
  • holder for water hoses

So if any of you fellow bloggers have more items you recommend we would greatly appreciate it!!

Tonight I celebrated my birthday eve with dinner at RA Sushi with Danielle & Chris. It was nice to meet them for dinner and chat. Of course the guys talked about one thing and Danielle and I talked about house stuff. I am starting to dig this whole week long celebration of my birthday! Who knew that turning 25 was so celebratory! Looking forward to Friday night as well..dinner and drinks with some great friends! Should be a birthday to remember!

Hope everyone is staying dry this week! This weather is not working for me..guess I will be praying for rain once we own our house in October!



2 comments:

  1. We had a blast last night too! Can't wait for the celebration to continue Friday night! Can't wait to see what other must have's that we forgot! Happy Bday love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recentely moved and there is one item that I think you should add to your list! I know it sounds crazy but I could not live without wrapping paper with the grid on the back!!!! I used it to hang the millions of pictures and iron work in my house. You lay the paper on the ground grid side up/ pretty side down and from there you can create the perfect layout on the paper mark all the hanging spots on the grid lines and hang it on the wall making sure the lines are level!! Then hammer the nails in the marked spots tear the paper down and hang your amazing pics!! If you already knew this trick sorry for the long comment if not I hope you try it and let me know if it works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete